One artiste who is disappointed with the just ended Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is the gospel songstress Joyce Blessing the "Monipini Moakyi" hit maker.
Joyce Blessing, who had about six nominations in the awards, had hopes of winning not less than three awards on the night but that didn't happen. The only award she won was the Gospel Album of the Year which was presented to her at the Industry Awards a week to the main event.
Speaking to the management of Joyce Blessing Mr. Kwasi Ernest the C.E.O of Media Excel re-echoed his artiste's sentiments to Flex, that awards at the VGMA were shared to winners so not to get many musicians offended.
“It is just like a mother who has too many children and is making sure everybody is happy. The credibility of the Ghana Music Awards keeps going down as the year goes by.
After they had denied OJ of the Song Writer of the year award, they had no option than to share the awards among O.J and Joyce Blessing,” he said.
“We were hopeful that our artiste Joyce Blessing would win not less than three awards on the night but we were denied for no reason. Our artiste Joyce was supposed to have won the Gospel Album of the Year and the Gospel Song of the year because she had no contender with these two categories including the Female Vocal Performer of the Year award. Ghana needs to sit down and do things right for our next generation to emulate,” Kwasi Ernest added.
On the other hand Joyce Blessing was grateful to her fans for their support. She said she would continue to churn out good songs for her fans.
She said a very big thank you to her management, Media Excel, her lovely husband Dave Joy and the media who have pushed her to the top ever since she appeared on the music scene.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20 clash: Shatta Wale’s father discloses why he climbed the stage
- Shatta Wale is an attention seeker, doesn’t know his limits – Okraku Mantey
- Baako sees silver lining in Stonebwoy-Shatta Wale brawl
- Video: I thought Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale would learn from my experience – Gemann
- DJ Switch makes it unto billboard in Times Square
- Kwesi Arthur motivates students to win 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay
- KiDi: Charterhouse should be sanctioned for role in VGMA brawl
- Fault Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale but blame Charterhouse too – Sarkodie
- Jim Iyke enjoys bullying me – Ini Edo
- Harvey Weinstein 'to settle with accusers for $44m'
- M.anifest fights child abuse
- Ebony Reign still reigns as Artiste of the Year after VGMA@20 fiasco
- Video: I'm going to limit the comedy, I'm a father of twins now - Funny Face
- Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale banned indefinitely, stripped of all VGMA 2019 awards
- Shatta Wale withdraws from Ghana Music Awards scheme