Popular Kumawood actor, Kwadwo Nkansah popularly known as Liwin has called on his fans not to wait for him to die before they honour him.
He has therefore urged them to erect a statue in his honour while he is alive.
The actor said in an interview with Ultimate FM that he would do it for himself if nobody would do that for him.
The comedian cum musician pointed out that he has realised that people are honoured in Ghana only after their death, something he sees as a bad practice.
Liwin stated that popular comedians like the late Bob Santo and Nkomode among others have contributed immensely to the creative arts industry but no monument has been created to celebrate them even after their death.
The actor bemoaned that people may soon forget about the exploits and achievements of these great comedians if nothing is done in their memory so it would be in the interest of the nation to immortalise them by erecting statues for them.
This, according to him, will serve as a motivation to other comedians to work hard and contribute to the development of the creative arts industry in Ghana.
Liwin said the initiative will also serve as a means to preserve the historic antecedents of the comedy industry in Ghana and further entice the younger generation to also develop an interest in comedy.
The Boss Nation CEO said Ghana could also benefit financially from them as it could attract tourists into the nation.
Liwin further explained that he once visited a tourist site in Canada and saw statues of prominent personalities in the world including American President Barack Obama where people pay to see them.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway