On Friday afternoon, the General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Asiedu Nketia was trending on various social media platforms, not for the politics of it but for the fashion sense of it.
In the midst of the political tension in the country, Mr Nketia, popularly known as General Mosquito, was trending for his decision to wear a cap during a briefing by President John Mahama at his residence.
This is not the first time the NDC General Secretary’s fashion choice has come under public scrutiny.
One talked about instance was in January 2015 when he wore a female winter coat during an official assignment in Germany.
Social media did not forgive him for that and several other wardrobe malfunctioned incidents.
Friday was no different.
Interestingly, in spite of the trolling, the NDC General Secretary is unperturbed. Getting his fashion right is the least of his worries.
Reacting to his ‘trending cap fashion’, he told Joy News’ Israel Laryea in an exclusive interview that the cap belongs to his son.
He also disclosed that, he is a fan of wearing clothes belonging to his family members including his wife.
The cap, he said, “was for the afternoon … it belongs to my son. I am a fan of wearing the dressing of my family members. At one time, it could be my wife, this one is for my son.”
At least now Ghanaians know where the General gets his fashion inspiration from.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex