It is one thing to have a talent yet to be discovered and another to be a star whose shine is only temporarily shrouded by the lack of clear opportunity and circumstances.
Such is the story of Bolgatanga – based Songstress, Ayillah.
Ayillah possesses an impeccable voice that goes right into your soul when she sings and a stunning beauty to match.
She discovered her singing talent as a child in a church youth choir and eventually came to the lime light during the 2013 Vodafone Icons where her group (Ruff Road) lost out to Wiyaala’s Black n Peach group.
Ayillah currently performs under the Record Label, BBT RECORDS, a budding Record Label based in Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region.
She has done several collaborations with rising Frafra rap star, Soorebia who is also the originator of BBT RECORDS.
Ayilla’s latest work is a reggae cover for Adele’s Hello. In this song, she proves her incredible vocal prowess by going solo on acoustic in a way that sends a signal that with the right investment in her talent, she could go all the way to the Grammys.
Ayillah’s Hello cover follows another cover she performed last year for John Legend’s All of Me.
Both songs were produced by Azcona, also young talented sound engineer working with the BBT brand.
She is a graduate in HND Marketing from the Bolgatanga Polytechnic and currently works as a field supervisor with an NGO by name ESOKO, whiles chasing her musical dreams.
Ayillah is inspired by Nigerian songstress, Asa, Celine Dion and Adele and undoubtedly, will soon rise to national stardom when the big record labels come calling.
Follow Ayillah on facebook: Ayillah Akalerige, twitter: @ayillahgh, Instagram: ayillah89
Ayillah's cover of Adele's Hello
Ayillah's cover of John Legend's All Of me
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway
- Video: Captain Planet hints of 4x4 comeback
- Video: The best way to deal with trolls is to block them – Captain Planet
- Video: Angelique Kidjo’s powerful performance at WWI armistice centennial
- Videos/Photos: Mammoth crowd, epic performance at Hitz FM SOLO with Kwesi Arthur
- We’re not exploiting our children – Okyeame Kwame’s wife
- Medikal finally confirms breakup with Sister Debbie
- Videos/Photos: Joy FM Corporate Jam; the party of the season!
- Olamide showed me more love than any Ghanaian artiste – E.L
- Video: Nana Tuffour reveals what Kidi, Kuami Eugene, King Promise are getting wrong