Senegalese-American singer Akon has revealed he wants to create a music streaming service in Africa that can compete with its global competitors.
The artist has announced he is purchasing 50% of the Senegalese company Musik Bi.
He spoke to BBC Africa about why young people needed to invest in the continent and his secrets on making it big.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Six new school songs influenced by old school
- Video: Why should I attend Willi Roi’s funeral? – Stonebwoy
- I can’t beat Annie – 2Baba refutes wife-beating allegations
- Joy FM/Kojo Antwi Love concert: Easier to buy a ticket but harder to go home
- Koffi Olomide faces seven-year jail term over Paris sex assault
- Photos: All set for Joy FM's Lovers Dinner Dance with Kojo Antwi
- Video: Why is Akufo-Addo silent on Menzgold? - Stonebwoy wonders
- What a Kojo Antwi song has put together, let no one put asunder
- 2019 Africa Travel Indaba kicks off from May 2
- Kojo Antwi’s music gets lady out of coma, prevented suicide
- Video: I was a betweener for my husband - Azigiza's wife reveals
- Photos: John Mahama is ‘grandfather’, ‘daughter’ welcomes baby boy
- 3Music Awards 2019: Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Kwesi Arthur top nomination list
- My husband is the pillar of my life – Ohemaa Mercy
- Video/Photos: DJ Switch wows African leaders at AU headquarters