Senegalese-American singer Akon has revealed he wants to create a music streaming service in Africa that can compete with its global competitors.
The artist has announced he is purchasing 50% of the Senegalese company Musik Bi.
He spoke to BBC Africa about why young people needed to invest in the continent and his secrets on making it big.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I received death threats over Konkonsa show on Radio Gold - Mikki Osei Berko
- Father's Day: Celebs gush over their daddies
- Video: I dated late Santo for 6 years - ‘Efiewura’ star reveals
- No weapon against us shall prosper – Stonebwoy prays for wife
- Ghana can make billions from 'weed', let's grow it – John Dumelo advocates
- Photos: Dancehall artiste Jupitar ties knot secretly
- I didn’t wreck my baby daddy's marriage – Yvonne Nelson
- Loving you begins, ends everything - Nadia Buari tells husband
- I’m now born again – Yul Edochie after ghastly accident
- Watch ‘deepfake’ Jon Snow apologise for final season of ‘Game of Thrones’
- Italian George Clooney fraudsters arrested in Thailand
- Waris axing from AFCON squad 'payment' for treating me badly - Ex-wife
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour