Some industry persons on Thursday night had the exclusive opportunity to enjoy a dose of DJ Black’s latest album – ‘Earthquake’.
Those who trooped in the Django Bar for the Listening Party were given an all-access pass to all the songs on the 22-track album.
The album is an exciting mix bag of well-produced songs with a blend of different genres of music - including hip-hop, afrobeat and hiplife.
The impressive list of known faces at the event included Bola Ray, Magnom, Gasmilla, Kofi Okyere Darko (KOD), Ahuma Bosco Ocansey (Daddy Bosco), Reggie Rockstone, Ruddy Kwakye, Andy Dosty, Nii Ayi Tagoe and Obibini.
DJ Black, who is the CEO of Toontoom, took patrons through the story behind each of the songs on the album.
The album has songs like, ‘Hit em up’ (feat. VVIP), ‘Paly Man’ (feat. Strongman), ‘My Mind’ (feat Eno), ‘Fa Wo No’ (feat. Kwaw Kese), ‘Big Man Tin’ (feat. E.L), ‘G Code’ (feat. Obibini), and ‘You do all’ (feat. Jay Ghartey).
Some of the songs on the album were produced by Coco, YoungBoss, Cabum, Twi Teacher, ReeZon, King Baurer and E.L.
The album received rave reviews from patrons who gave the renowned DJ thumbs up for the quality of production. They constantly nodded their heads and tapped their feet to songs on the album.
The Earthquake’ album is live online on all major music platforms including Spotify, YouTube Music, Tidal, Pandora and Rhapsody.
DJ Black, who hosts Open House Party and Weekend Warmer on Joy FM, also has ‘Tootoom Mix’ and other mixtapes to his credit.
DJ Black (middle)
Ruddy Kwakye and DJ Black
DJ Black and Sesi
KOD (left) and DJ Black (second from left)
Nii Ayi Tagoe
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics