President of the Ghana Actors Guild, Samuel Fiscian says he has no knowledge about the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between filmmakers in Ghana and India.
Mr Fiscian who spoke on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty said he was clueless about any such agreement with the reports making the rounds.
Last month, Mike Ocquaye Jnr, Ghana’s High Commissioner to India, made a revelation about a MoU between Ghana and India at the premiere of an Indian stage play ‘Niyati’ at the National Theatre.
He stressed that the new partnership will give a boost to the Ghanaian movie industry.
But Mr Fiscian stated that he was not formally informed about such agreements and does not know how the Guild is going to benefit from the agreement.
“To be frank with you I have no idea about the details of the MoU so I’m not in the position to speak about it...we heard about the MoU just like the general public," he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards