The Board Chairman of the BASS Awards has disclosed that dancehall act Shatta Wale missed out on nominations this year because of his threat to sue the awards scheme if they did.
Ahuma Bosco Ocansey said they did not see the reason for nominating him and getting the scheme embroiled in a controversy.
He quizzed, “why should we nominate such a person if he has issued you such a stern warning and you have your credibility and integrity to maintain?"
Two years ago, it was reported that the controversial artiste threatened to sue the organisers of the award scheme if he was nominated in any category. He also boycotted that year's edition.
Shatta Wale then argued that the organisers did not deal with him in a professional manner as they put his image on their poster without prior information.
The award scheme which celebrates the Dancehall and Reggae genre and rewards Ghanaian artistes who have contributed immensely to the industry.
Some dancehall artistes such as Samini, Stonebwoy, Epixode, MzVee and Ebony have been nominated for various categories in the year under review.
According to Daddy Bosco, they respect Shatta Wale's decision and the scheme is only being careful by heeding to a warning, but if the artiste extends an olive branch, he would be nominated where he duly deserves to in the future.
“If next year he comes and says, my fans want me to come back on board, we will reconsider”, he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards