George Kwabena Adu, popularly known in the showbiz circles as Kwabena Kwabena, says artistes in the country are not producing and promoting ‘genuine’ Ghanaian music.
The highlife musician outlined the need for the musicians to produce works that will keep the industry on its toes and put the Ghanaian music on the map.
According to him, the current crop of artistes depends solely on ‘singles’ rather than albums hence their short concentration span in the industry.
The ‘Adult Music’ crooner advised music producers to produce albums that will create a solid connection with their fans for longer performances during shows.
“We are not growing authentic Ghanaian music. That is the hard truth. If we will be truthful, we can’t depend on the one time singles and all that. The musicians now don’t do albums, reason more artistes are packed on bills. It’s good for the event organizer. If they were all doing albums they will have more time to perform and that will be an advantage to the artiste…” he said on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty.
He used songs such as Patapaa's 'One Corner' and Captain Planet's latest single ‘Obi Agye Obi Girl’ as examples.
“Albums give you the privilege to perform more songs to your fans. Where is ‘One Corner’? Now it’s ‘Obi Agye Obi girl’. We need to put songs that will make us last as artistes to keep the industry going. We need to work harder…” he said.
Kwabena Kwabena is currently promoting his new album, ‘Ahyesi’.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway
- Video: Captain Planet hints of 4x4 comeback
- Video: The best way to deal with trolls is to block them – Captain Planet
- Video: Angelique Kidjo’s powerful performance at WWI armistice centennial
- Videos/Photos: Mammoth crowd, epic performance at Hitz FM SOLO with Kwesi Arthur
- We’re not exploiting our children – Okyeame Kwame’s wife
- Medikal finally confirms breakup with Sister Debbie
- Videos/Photos: Joy FM Corporate Jam; the party of the season!
- Olamide showed me more love than any Ghanaian artiste – E.L
- Video: Nana Tuffour reveals what Kidi, Kuami Eugene, King Promise are getting wrong