UK-based Ghanaian gospel act, Sonnie Badu has noted that performing at ‘The Experience’ has always been a dream come true for him.
He noted that it has always been his dream to lead over 700,000 people to Praise and Worship God to make the country proud.
“It is an achievement on its own to be the only Ghanaian musician. Just like how the World Cup is every footballer’s dream, so is ‘The Experience’ every gospel artiste’s dream,” he noted.
Sonnie Badu, who is the only Ghanaian selected to perform at this year’s ‘The Experience 12’ will perform with 15 other gospel artistes selected from the United States, Columbia, South Carolina, Kingston, Jamaica and Nigeria.
The impressive list of performers includes veteran musician Don Moen, Micah Stampley and Donnie McClurkin.
The team from Nigerian is made up of artistes like Nathaniel Bassey, Midnight Crew, Chioma Jesus, Tim Godfrey, Onos Ariyo, Eben, Frank Edwards, Tope Alabi and Beejay Sax.
The others are Chevelle Franklyn from Kingston, Jamaica and Travis Greene.
‘The Experience’, put together by the House on Rock Churches in Lagos, Nigeria, is an Interdenominational gospel conference that features some of the best-known musical talents of our time.
‘The Experience’, which has now become known as the largest musical concert in Africa, attracts over 700,000 people from all walks of life.
This year’s ‘The Experience 2017’ is under the theme ‘Jesus is our King’ and will be held on December 1, 2017, at Tafawa Balewa Square, Onikan-Lagos, Nigeria.
The event will start with a press conference which will afford the artistes an opportunity to bond. At the press conference, the various artistes will also share their experiences and answer questions from a section of the public.
The event, which debuted in December 2006 with over 70,000 patrons in attendance is marking its 12th anniversary.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Leaked: Stunning 3D sketch of 3Music Awards ’19 stage design
- From Ayòbámi Adébáyò to Zadie Smith: meet New Daughters of Africa
- Cardi B applies to trademark 'Okurrr'
- I deserve my VGMA nomination - AK Songstress
- Dr Dre removes university boast post about daughter
- Michael Jackson: Barbra Streisand apologises for abuse remarks
- JH Kwabena Nketia: Some muses of the musical
- Filmmakers calling on government is not because of money - Ama K. Abebrese
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals