For decades, Kwabena Boa-Amponsem, baptized Daniel Amponsah has established himself as an authority when it comes to Ghana’s indigenous music; Highlife.
Agyaa Koo Nimo, as he is affectionately called has witnessed the evolution of Ghanaian music in the pre and post-independence era.
His musical compositions and writings have been used as references in discourses that pertain to the ‘soul’ of music in Ghana.
To appreciate his invaluable contribution to the growth of Ghana’s music industry, the University of Education, Winneba, through its Music Department, honored the musician with a Life Time Achievement Award.
The octogenarian was joyously celebrated when he performed at the Lunch Time Concert organized by the Music Department on Thursday.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 to air live On DStv, GOtv on Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village
- Video vixen gives life to Christ, now philanthropist
- New Video: Mista Myles eyes Afrobeats crown with ‘African Girl’
- Assault, killings by uniformed men will make Nigeria collapse - Omotola tells Buhari
- Audio: My tweet was to troll Man United, not insult Sarkodie – Strongman
- Female entertainers are recycling, dating same men – Princess Shyngle
- New photos tell us what to expect from the next 'Game of Thrones' episode