For decades, Kwabena Boa-Amponsem, baptized Daniel Amponsah has established himself as an authority when it comes to Ghana’s indigenous music; Highlife.
Agyaa Koo Nimo, as he is affectionately called has witnessed the evolution of Ghanaian music in the pre and post-independence era.
His musical compositions and writings have been used as references in discourses that pertain to the ‘soul’ of music in Ghana.
To appreciate his invaluable contribution to the growth of Ghana’s music industry, the University of Education, Winneba, through its Music Department, honored the musician with a Life Time Achievement Award.
The octogenarian was joyously celebrated when he performed at the Lunch Time Concert organized by the Music Department on Thursday.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case