Miss Ghana 2017 Ambassador, Afua Asieduwaa Akrofi, who was also the 1st runner-up at the Miss Ghana 2015 pageant - is Ghana’s representative to the 2017 edition of Miss World pageant.
The 20-year-old beauty queen will battle it out with 117 other queens from countries across the world, all gunning to be the 67th Miss World, taking over from Stephanie Del Valle of Puerto Rico.
Afua Asieduwaa Akrofi was chosen to represent Ghana at Miss World 2017 by Executives of Exclusive Events Gh., organizers of Miss Ghana pageant.
Ms Akrofi was chosen after the organizers decided to send Margaret Derry Mwintuur, Miss Ghana 2017 to Miss World 2018 pageant as the 2017 edition of the national pageant was held a week ago, leaving no time to prepare the new winner for the Miss World pageant.
This year, Miss World will have a new format, giving greater emphasis on social media and interactivity.
This new format, called the ‘Head-to-Head Challenge’, will be used to select 20 out of the Top 40 contestants.
“To vote for Ghana and Miss Afua Akrofi; visit the website www.missworld.com and check out the contestants, sign up at the top right corner of the website, login with your details attained via signing up, browse to the Contestants section and search for Ghana and vote for Ghana/Afua A. Akrofi,” orgnaisers said in a statement.
Miss World 2017 will be held on November 18, 2017 at the Sanya City Arena in Sanya, China.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain