Bubbly actress and media personality, Naa Ashorkor has joined the family of The Multimedia Group.
The star actress, who has carved a niche for herself as an outstanding show host and has endeared herself to many, is joining the country’s largest private media organization after a stint with EIB.
The ‘Perfect Picture’ star starts work in November and will first host the country’s most comprehensive Entertainment/Creative Arts analysis show, ‘Showbiz A-Z’.
Showbiz A-Z, formally Rhythmz A-Z, has been the one-stop show for critical dissection of topical entertainment issues. Apart from its hard hitting and intelligent look at issues, the show was laced with a perfect dose of comedy and fun.
Naa Ashorkor will, with time, host other shows on radio and television.
Who is Naa Ashorkor?
Mastering the art of making your audience fall in love with you is a craft very few radio presenters of our time have been able to perfect.
Perfecting it comes with skill and a talent, something the award-winning actress, broadcaster and TV host, Naa Ashorkor Mensah Doku has demonstrated over the years.
Many remember her from her dazzling performance in the movie, ‘Perfect Picture’ in 2009 but she had started making waves on the screen long before then as a host of TV Africa’s youth magazine program ‘New Generation’ and their flagship music show ‘Sound Splash’.
In 2010, she landed the opportunity to host two reality TV shows, ‘Guess who’s coming for dinner’ and ‘Miss Malaika Ghana’, several years on, these shows, particularly ‘Miss Malaika Ghana’ has grown to become one of Ghana’s most exciting and well patronized reality shows in Ghana.
In 2013, when GHOne TV introduced its flagship girl-talk show, ‘Tales From The Powder Room’, Naa Ashorkor became the obvious fit, a position she held and diligently applied herself until her resignation in October 2017.
After having chalked many successes with movies and television, Naa Ashorkor challenged herself to achieving more by taking up the challenge of hosting a brunch time radio show.
Once again, she rose to the challenge and turned the show into one that could best be described as one of Ghana’s most interactive brunch-time programs pleasantly surprising many who doubted the actress’ capacity to transfer her on-screen excellence to radio.
In 2016 she re-affirmed her status as one of Ghana’s finest MCs as she effortlessly co-hosted the prestigious Ghana Music Awards with Chris Attoh.
She started her education at Daras Preparatory School in Teshie, then to Benkum Secondary School in Larteh Akwapem, then to the Ghana Institute of Journalism where she obtained a BA in Communication Studies and went further to the University of Ghana Faculty of Law to pursue a Law Degree.
Having lived a greater part of her adult life in the media limelight, Naa understands the psyche of having a celebrity status and this coupled with her analytical skills and eloquence will give listeners of Showbiz A-Z a balanced dissection of issues.
Naa has over the years used her celebrity status to affect many lives positively. She initiated a Spelling Bee Competition dubbed ‘Aspire to Bee’ to encourage reading in government schools and introduced the Starr Woman Project – a quarterly out-of-radio platform that seeks to engage the everyday woman and prepare them for a successful career.
Naa is currently a Unilever Lifebuoy Brand Ambassador. Prior to that, she was Project Lead for Starr Woman Project, Brand Ambassador for Lydia Contraceptives and Rehoboth Properties.
Showbiz A-Z bounces back in grand style on Saturday, November 4 from 2 to 6pm.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I took injections to bleach my skin for movie roles in Nigeria – Actress
- I do the dishes at home - Adjetey Anang reveals
- Koffi Olomidé guilty of rape of 15-year-old girl
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap