Swedru-based artiste, Patapaa has been spotted at the Accra Passport Center processing his document in readiness for international shows.
He was seen wearing a blue t-shirt on a white trouser, with his signature white handkerchief wrapped around his right arm.
Known in private life as Justice Amoah, the artiste has swept Ghanaians off their feet with his single hit ‘One corner.’
The song has become the favourite of many and can be heard blaring with people busily gyrating to it at funerals, wedding ceremonies, street jams and naming ceremonies.
Photo credit: ourtesy Freddy B Time
Related Article: Sonnie Badu, KKD condemn ‘One Corner’ dance craze
US-based Ghanaian gospel musician, Sonnie Badu had raised concerns about the nature of dance that accompanies the song.
“It’s getting dangerous,” he said. “I saw someone climb an electric pole, I saw someone climb a tipper truck, and I saw someone run under a car.”
Sonnie Badu believes something had to be done because things are now “getting out of hand.”
But the song is reportedly getting some traction in Nigeria with some big names in the country’s music industry dancing to it.
Artiste Reekado Banks, currently on the Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records, was captured in a video joining the craze.
He was later to write on Instagram: “The #OneCorner virus hit us while in the studio. We couldn’t resist it.”
The acceptance of the ‘One Corner’ song outside Ghana might soon be followed by invitations to perform at international shows and Patapaa has shown he does not want to miss out on that.
It is not clear when his passport might be ready, but it is clear he will get several invitations to perform at shows during Christmas.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons