Swedru-based artiste, Patapaa has been spotted at the Accra Passport Center processing his document in readiness for international shows.
He was seen wearing a blue t-shirt on a white trouser, with his signature white handkerchief wrapped around his right arm.
Known in private life as Justice Amoah, the artiste has swept Ghanaians off their feet with his single hit ‘One corner.’
The song has become the favourite of many and can be heard blaring with people busily gyrating to it at funerals, wedding ceremonies, street jams and naming ceremonies.
Photo credit: ourtesy Freddy B Time
Related Article: Sonnie Badu, KKD condemn ‘One Corner’ dance craze
US-based Ghanaian gospel musician, Sonnie Badu had raised concerns about the nature of dance that accompanies the song.
“It’s getting dangerous,” he said. “I saw someone climb an electric pole, I saw someone climb a tipper truck, and I saw someone run under a car.”
Sonnie Badu believes something had to be done because things are now “getting out of hand.”
But the song is reportedly getting some traction in Nigeria with some big names in the country’s music industry dancing to it.
Artiste Reekado Banks, currently on the Don Jazzy’s Mavin Records, was captured in a video joining the craze.
He was later to write on Instagram: “The #OneCorner virus hit us while in the studio. We couldn’t resist it.”
The acceptance of the ‘One Corner’ song outside Ghana might soon be followed by invitations to perform at international shows and Patapaa has shown he does not want to miss out on that.
It is not clear when his passport might be ready, but it is clear he will get several invitations to perform at shows during Christmas.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- There’s no beef between Medikal and I – Kuami Eugene
- Afro-beats musician Skye Brain releases new single ‘The Soul Grind’
- A night of talent, surprises await patrons at Joy FM’s Open Mic Friday
- Don’t date for too long - MzVee advises
- Bleaching is not the beauty standard – Fuse ODG
- MTN's Digital Music conference focuses on local artistes
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91