'Who killed Uncle Atta' is perhaps the most controversial but educative movie on the local scene in recent times.
It comes with a fine but touching storyline which does not only depict a worrying social canker but try to unravel the controversial manner in which a man loved and respected by the people died mysteriously.
The death of the purchasing clerk, educationist and later a politician did not only shock the people who have benefited immensely from his generosity but got them talking again as the cause of death remained a mystery.
Few days after the death of the man, his second wife, and her newly born baby boy were sent packing from the matrimonial home, raising concerns over what caused his death.
It stars Kwadwo Nkansah Lil Win, Akwasi Boadi (Akrobeto), Kaakyire Kwame Appiah, Christiana Awuni and Kwadwo Opoku Mahala. movie overs will come face-to-face with controversies, hard truth, and melancholic situations.
With Tigo Ghana's benevolence, 100 fans were selected to watch the movie for the first time at a special premiering event at the Miklin Hotel in Kumasi.
It formed part of efforts by the telecom giant to help revive, promote and whip up public interest for the Kumawood movie industry.
The lucky fans enjoyed watching the movie in the 'Blue room' reserved for high-value customers who were also refreshed with drinks and popcorn as well as the opportunity to meet the celebrities who were present for the premiere.
This, however, turned into a party.
Head of Products and Commercial at Tigo Ghana, Pius Tuffour is hopeful the Kumawood movie industry could make inroads on the international movie scene.
Tigo launched the “Tigo Kumawood Premiere Experience“, earlier this year to outdoor new movies onto the market.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono