Music duo Keche has urged gospel musicians to refine their craft to if they are to compete favourably with secular artistes.
They believe that gospel musicians will have a stronger bargaining power if they improve on their productions, particularly music videos.
For some years now, some gospel musicians have lamented that they have been neglected by corporate bodies and other entities. According to them, the genre is the least supported in the country.
But Keche, speaking in an interview on Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM with Amanda Jissih noted that all will change if gospel musicians brand properly and invest in their craft.
Andrew Cudjoe, a member of the Keche, noted that while secular artistes are shooting videos with expensive cars and making other investments, gospel musicians “will be standing by rose flowers, some gardens…why would you want people to pay attention to [you]?”
“People [are] moved [by] what they see,” Joshua stressed and added that, “how many Ghanaian [music] videos have you seen on Channel O even on 4Syte TV or Joy Prime?”
They gave thumbs up to artistes like Cwesi Oteng and Sonnie Badu as two key people who are revolutionising the gospel music industry.
While they noted that the songs being produced by gospel artistes are good, Joshua Ampah opined further that, “the visuals (videos) promote more than the song itself.”
They urged gospel musicians to strike a fair balance and also improve on their image while still maintaining their core job of preaching the gospel.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar