Popular Nigerian stand-up comedian, Ayo Makum, also known as AY, has finally apologized to second runner up of the just concluded Big Brother Naija reality television show, Tokubo Ajayi, for making jokes about her alleged sexual abuse.
AY and fellow comedian, Helen Paul had during a show over the weekend made comic comments of the sexual abuse, an action that most celebrities have frowned at.
However, AY, in a post on his instagram apologised to TBoss, her fans and Nigerians who “misinterpreted” his joke on the matter.
In the post titled “HERE IS PART 1 & 2 OF THE RAPE JOKE I SAID AT AY LIVE,” the comedian wrote: “I know a lot of people did not see the joke before lashing on me… and no amount of me trying to explain myself would do me any good which is why I am uploading it so Nigerians and indeed all fans of the AY brand will be fully informed.
“I want to apologize to @officialTboss_, the entire Tboss nation and Nigerians who interpreted the joke to be promoting rape. It was never my intention to come across as a supporter of any form of assault to women.
“I was only touched and inspired to share the joke when I learnt that Kemen came out alongside other church members when Pastor Paul Adefarasin asked those under immense pressure to the point of wanting to commit suicide to step out for prayers. Also coupled with the fact that he had personally apologised to Tboss after he was disqualified.
“Like I said in the joke, I have a wife and a daughter, and I will never be in support of any such action that is designed to promote rape or any form of sexual assault that will demean womanhood.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah