The English heartthrob sat back as at least five Ghanaians sang the song in a domesticated setting, certain to thrill anyone with an eye for tourism.
So yes, Ed Sheeran's ‘Bibia Be Ye Yie’ music video is out - creative, funny and in an idyllic setting.
In the video, a mother chases after her care-free son, a woman pounding fufu excitedly sings the song under the heaving pounding.
And of course, a 'trotro' inscribed ‘Bibia Be Ye Yie’ is seen with its popular secondary use as moving motivational speakers.
Ed Sheeran acknowledged the influence of his "fantastic" director Gyo Gyimah of Phamous Philms in an Instagram post confirms the video's release on Wednesday.
“Since it's summer I wanted to put out a video for Bibia Be Ye Yie that was made by a fantastic director called @GyoGyimah and all filmed in Ghana. I visited Ghana last year to make music with @fuseodg and @killbeatzgh, and whilst there was exposed to such wonderful culture, food, music and scenery.
"Me and Fuse wanted to showcase all of these things in a music video to show off the beauty of it. This isn't a single, but it's the summer, and why not have a summer song come out with a feel good video for people to enjoy. It's on YouTube now, just search Ed Sheeran - Bibia Be Ye Yie. And make sure you visit Ghana, it's incredible. Enjoy the video !x”
'Bibia Be Ye Yie', twi for 'everything will be alright'. For familiar comparison's it is the Ghana version of 'Hakuna Matata; , the Swahili phrase from Tanzania made popular in Disney movie 'Lion King'.
The video since it was released last Wednesday has been watched more than 1.69 million times already.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene