Rihanna is giving bikes to girls in Malawi to help them get an education.
It's part of a new partnership between the singer's Clara Lionel Foundation and Chinese bike-sharing company Ofo.
The campaign called 1 Km Action will fund scholarships to help hundreds of girls attend secondary schools in Malawi.
Those who qualify for a scholarship will receive bikes to make sure they get to school.
According to the foundation, there are approximately 4.6 million students across Malawi but only 8% of students complete secondary school.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
One of the reasons for that is because of the poor transport links.
"I'm so happy about the Clara Lionel Foundation's new partnership with Ofo because it will help so many young people around the world receive a quality education," Rihanna said.
"And also help the young girls of Malawi get to school safely, cutting down those very long walks they make to and from school all alone."
Rihanna has a reputation for being a humanitarian.
Through her foundation, which is named after her grandparents, she has focused on providing children with access to education in over 60 developing countries, giving priority to girls.
Her efforts helped win her Harvard University's Humanitarian of the Year award.
In June, she tweeted a number of world leaders to try to rally more funding for global education.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video