'Bue Kwan' hit maker, George Kwabena Adu, known in showbiz circles as Kwabena Kwabena, has added his voice to the condemnation of dancehall act, Shatta Wale on his recent behaviour, described by many critics as a misconduct.
Shatta Wale slapped Biggie Sparta, his bodyguard, while he was performing on the S Concert stage on December 1. The incident generated loads of discussions with people calling for an apology from Shatta Wale.
Weeks before that, Shatta Wale stirred controversy after he was spotted in a video firing warning shots into the air.
The video was posted on Facebook by one Kwame Gyan and generated a lot of comments on the subject.
In an interview on Peace FM, Kwabena Kwabena said Shatta Wale’s persistent obstinate misbehaviour is as a result of what Ghanaians have allowed him to exhibit over the years without being punished.
“Shatta Wale’s continues misbehaviour is as a result of what we all natured five years ago and everybody who follows my submissions will understand exactly what I'm saying,” he said.
"This whole Shatta Wale thing started when he kicked chairs and composed diss songs to insult everybody in the industry because he proclaimed they robbed him of the VGMA Dancehall Artiste of the Year to a female dancehall artiste Kaakie in 2013… Charterhouse never took an action on that so that Shatta Wale would be used as a scapegoat to serve as a deterrent to others even though I advised George Quaye,” Kwabena Kwabena explained.
“Rather, Shatta Wale was crowned the Artiste of the Year for 2014 VGMA awards even though he did not attend the award, and it was because Charterhouse was just thinking of how to make their money,” he further noted.
The 'Asor' hitmaker added that, "although Shatta Wale is a creative artiste, his behavior is nothing good to talk about. We live in a global village now and as a result, all that he's doing goes out there painting a bad image for the country and people living outside Ghana will be facing the consequences."
"That is why the Nigerian musicians teamed up together and treated Sarkodie the way they did at the just ended One Africa Music festival in Dubai," Kwabena Kwabena stated.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Gee Spot: Your entertainment hot spot enters season 2
- Kanye West attacks Drake in Twitter tirade
- Video: No room for Kojo Antwi, Pat Thomas on my album – NanaYaa
- Inside my Xmas hamper
- Dancehall diva Shegah bags three International awards
- Francis Agyei drops 'Ilona' video ahead of album launch
- Video: Osibisa's Teddy Osei blesses Wiyaala
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex