Controversial dancehall act Shatta Wale has revealed that slapping one of his bodyguards at the S Concert was a publicity stunt.
Over the weekend, social media was in a frenzy as a viral video which showed Shatta Wale giving a hefty slap to one of his masked bodyguards as the latter tried to stop a fan from holding the SM boss’s legs on stage.
This act, which has seemingly entrenched Shatta’s controversial and boisterous nature in the minds of some people, has been widely condemned by many.
The said bodyguard; Biggie Sparta, however, in a video with his boss, is clearly needing no sympathy as he said he will remain loyal regardless of how he is treated.
The ‘Ayoo’ hitmaker in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, Tuesday said his team needed an act that would make the news and sell him, thus the ‘slap stunt’.
“Yes I truly slapped him on stage, but that was an act,” he stated.
“We wanted an act for that night, we thought of a choreography, Shatta Wale coming to dance with a whole maybe 15-man squad doing the same dance, for people to get shocked because people have not seen Shatta Wale dancing before,” he added.
According to him, they discarded that idea because he thought it would not make the news.
Shatta Wale insisted that the mask the bodyguard wore was foolproof, thus he was under no threat whatsoever.
He commended the fan involved in the ‘stunt’ as having done well in acting out his part efficiently.
“It was all planned and the fan did well. My fans are spiritually blessed that anytime we decide on something, they say yes to it,” he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar