Prodigal, a member of VVIP, has noted with resentment that the group will never perform on the same stage with dancehall artiste Shatta Wale.
According to him, he is really appalled by the artiste’s recent utterances and therefore does not think they will ever share a stage with him.
It was reported that the dancehall artiste, who has for some time now attacked some veteran musicians in the industry for criticising him, openly descended on VVIP and Tic Tac at the recently held S Concert at the Accra Sports Stadium.
That incident, coupled with Shatta Wale’s social media war with some Nigerian artistes, firing a gun in the air and also slapping a bodyguard on stage, has forced Prodigal to call for help for the artiste.
Speaking in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty, Prodigal vowed that, “Me and my crew, we will never ever be on any show Shatta Wale is on. Whether they are paying us billions or whatever unless the guy change his attitude and the vibe is right.”
The rapper noted that “we don’t hate him, we love him as a brother but people around him are using the boy against people and it is not right. He is a nice guy and when I first met him, I don’t know now. He really needs to change his way and all the SM fans need to pray for your leader.”
“He was on stage mentioning our names, [including] Obrafour and the rest, VVIP is not on that show and I don’t know why our name has to be coming out of his mouth. But some Ghanaians allow him to do that and I feel it’s about time we have to put a stop to a lot of things in the industry,” he urged.
“We don’t hate him. You can’t hate your fellow him. All his true fans, if you are true Shatta Wale or a true SM fan, you have to pray for him.
"Now, I see him as a deathtrap and he is not going to do his thing to push something on us for us to have a problem with him. We are not in for unnecessary violence stuff or to go and fight Shatta Wale,” Prodigal added.
Nevertheless, the member of VVIP concluded that Shatta Wale is my fellow musician and I will always wish him well.”
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui