Ghana-based Nigerian movie producer, Daniel Edah, popularly referred to as Lopez, is asking the Musician Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) to call dancehall artiste Shatta Wale to order.
Daniel Edah, who earlier in the year, produced ‘In April’, was in the studios of JoyNews in the company of actor Peter Richie prior to the premiere of the latest movie, ‘Swings’.
During the interaction, MzGee asked the producer, if the recent Twitter rant between music lovers in Nigeria and Ghana over the seeming ‘beef’ between dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale and Nigeria’s Wizkid was a cause for worry?
Daniel retorted that, “What happens on social media, remains on social media.”
“When I saw the whole thing on Instagram, I wasn’t threatened because the thing is not even a beef, you cannot be fighting with someone who is not fighting with you. I am more like a Ghanaian, I have been in this country and I actually love everything I see in this country. I feel whoever is coming up with this whole thing has a message for his people but doesn’t know how to address it,” he added.
Mr Edah added, “I feel it wouldn’t get out of hand since the other party is not commenting. I don’t know how it works in the music industry though but if they have an organization, I think they have MUSIGA, they should call his attention and just try to amend this on their own, they don’t even have to invite a third party.”
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Watch the conversation as the producer also talks about producing movies in Ghana and the importance of fusing character from Ghana and Nigeria in a project.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018