Ghana-based Nigerian movie producer, Daniel Edah, popularly referred to as Lopez, is asking the Musician Union of Ghana (MUSIGA) to call dancehall artiste Shatta Wale to order.
Daniel Edah, who earlier in the year, produced ‘In April’, was in the studios of JoyNews in the company of actor Peter Richie prior to the premiere of the latest movie, ‘Swings’.
During the interaction, MzGee asked the producer, if the recent Twitter rant between music lovers in Nigeria and Ghana over the seeming ‘beef’ between dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale and Nigeria’s Wizkid was a cause for worry?
Daniel retorted that, “What happens on social media, remains on social media.”
“When I saw the whole thing on Instagram, I wasn’t threatened because the thing is not even a beef, you cannot be fighting with someone who is not fighting with you. I am more like a Ghanaian, I have been in this country and I actually love everything I see in this country. I feel whoever is coming up with this whole thing has a message for his people but doesn’t know how to address it,” he added.
Mr Edah added, “I feel it wouldn’t get out of hand since the other party is not commenting. I don’t know how it works in the music industry though but if they have an organization, I think they have MUSIGA, they should call his attention and just try to amend this on their own, they don’t even have to invite a third party.”
Watch the conversation as the producer also talks about producing movies in Ghana and the importance of fusing character from Ghana and Nigeria in a project.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono