The Board Chairman of the BASS Awards has disclosed that dancehall act Shatta Wale missed out on nominations this year because of his threat to sue the awards scheme if they did.
Ahuma Bosco Ocansey said they did not see the reason for nominating him and getting the scheme embroiled in a controversy.
He quizzed, “why should we nominate such a person if he has issued you such a stern warning and you have your credibility and integrity to maintain?"
Two years ago, it was reported that the controversial artiste threatened to sue the organisers of the award scheme if he was nominated in any category. He also boycotted that year's edition.
Shatta Wale then argued that the organisers did not deal with him in a professional manner as they put his image on their poster without prior information.
The award scheme which celebrates the Dancehall and Reggae genre and rewards Ghanaian artistes who have contributed immensely to the industry.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Some dancehall artistes such as Samini, Stonebwoy, Epixode, MzVee and Ebony have been nominated for various categories in the year under review.
According to Daddy Bosco, they respect Shatta Wale's decision and the scheme is only being careful by heeding to a warning, but if the artiste extends an olive branch, he would be nominated where he duly deserves to in the future.
“If next year he comes and says, my fans want me to come back on board, we will reconsider”, he said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking
- Reekado Banks still part of Mavin Records – Don Jazzy
- Davido risks jail term over threat to blogger’s life
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018