Highlife musician Ofori Amponsah claims he was misled by competition from the current crop of musicians to produce a new track that did not reflect his style.
The award-winning musician, who was introduced to commercial music in the early 2000s by ace musician Daddy Lumba, was popular for hit tracks like ‘Lady’, ‘Emmanuella’, and ‘Otoolege’.
After years of producing hits tracks, Ofori Amponsah took a break from secular music. He set up a church and became a preacher of the gospel.
He, however, made his first U-turn when he released ‘Alewa’ with rapper Sarkodie. Earlier this year, he released ‘17’ which featured Kwabena Kwabena.
At the launch of Kwabena Kwabena’s 5th album ‘Ahyesi’, Ofori got many on their feet as he performed some old tunes from his repertoire.
In a conversation with JoyNews’ MzGee, the hi-life musician affirmed competition from young hi-life musicians swayed him off his style.
He revealed that, he intends to revert to his old flair.
“It’s true, people are talking about it, I also know it….You just want to follow the crowd but sometimes when you follow the crowd too, it doesn’t pay because there is something that makes you Ofori Amponsah.”
Watch the video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene