Reggae and Dancehall musician Samini has revealed that he would not hesitate to reply Shatta Wale should he release a song to ‘diss’ him.
Samini, who patched up his difference with Shatta Wale late last year, said he would reply in equal measure should Shatta renege on the peace between them currently.
“Everybody dey in corner. If missile no throw, missile no go throwback,” he told Merqury Quaye in an interview on Cruise Control on Hitz FM.
Samini and Shatta Wale had been at each other’s throat for several years over who is the ‘Dancehall King’ in Ghana.
The beef between the two had negative effects on their fan base and even heightened tensions between Samini’s High Grade Family and Shatta Wale’s Shatta Movement.
The musicians after years of a never-ending 'beef', smoked the peace pipe on social media when Shatta Wale turned 32 on October 17 last year.
While advising that peace should prevail, especially among the youth, the ‘Scatta Badmind’ hitmaker noted that “When it comes to lyrical war we just take it to the lyrical war front”.
Nevertheless, Samini expressed his gratitude to Shatta Wale for performing at his Saminifest in December last year.
He said he was surprised and did not expect Shatta to attend the event.
Samini noted that, while he was surprised that his one-time rival performed at the concert, it was nice performing with him and believes that their relationship could go far if that continues.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Kalybos reveals he used to aid internet fraudsters
- How much will hosting AFRIMA cost? Govt refuses to disclose
- emPAWA100: Mr. Eazi to empower 100 young artistes every year
- Photos: SAT Hosting Day 2: Take a trip back to history of mankind
- Royal Commonwealth Society unveils ambassadors for 2019 Queen’s Commonwealth Essay competition
- Epilepsy charity 'says SA fainting dance craze should end'
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay