Residents, patrons and traders at Dome in the Ga East Municipality of the Greater Accra Region, will benefit from the “How Well Are You” health screening campaign by the popular musician and Physio Therapist, Philipa Baafi.
The Philipa Baafi Foundation is set to hit the Dome Market with the free health screening exercise. The maiden edition of the health screening exercise took place at the West Hills Mall on the Accra-Kasoa road of the Ga South Constituency also in Accra.
Since the core objective of the foundation is to move the screening to the doors of every Ghanaian, there is the need to move to markets, where the bulk of the people congregate, hence the Dome Market.
The “How Well Are You” health screening seeks to address the health needs of women, who form 70% of the workforce in the informal sector.
"These sisters and mothers of ours eat every food and consume every medicine which is made available or offered to them. They do not exercise and hardly will they even visit the health facility for a checkup unless they fall sick and the situation is already chronic.
"Some sit under the scorching sun, in the rain and unhygienic environments for hours without walking. Some market women even sleep in markets with the aim of grabbing the first wears/goods/commodities early at dawn and they have made the markets their place of abode," the gospel musician observed.
It is in line with these and many other reasons that the sensational Musician and ‘Occupational Therapist’, Philipa Baafi in collaboration with the Ministry of Health, recently launched the “How Well Are You” free health screening and health talk programme to cater for the health needs these market women and others across the country.
Aside the screening on Blood Pressure, Glucose/ Sugar level, Malaria and Body Mass Index (BMI) which are noted to be the common ailments among a number of market women, there will also be health talk for participants to know the need to embark on regular checkups and basic health tips that will enable them to stay away from sicknesses.
Philipa Baafi will also take centre stage and perform some of her popular tunes.
The Minister of State in charge of Procurement at the Presidency, Sarah Adwoa Safo who is also the Member of Parliament for Dome-Kwabenya and Deputy Majority Leader in Parliament, launched the maiden edition and she is expected to grace the second edition.
Supported by MTN, GOIL Ghana Limited, Tobinco Pharmaceuticals, Anadwo Ye De Mosquito Coil and Tinatette Herbal, the “How Well Are You” free health screening is expected to hit market after market across the country every month.
Dome is the nineteenth largest settlement in Ghana, in terms of population, with a population of 78,785 people. The Dome Market is a bulk breaking point for market produce from Ashanti and some parts of the Eastern region.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah
- I will never do songs my kids won’t be proud of – Bright of Buk Bak
- Okomfo Kwadee says he doesn’t think he can ever quit smoking