Veteran actor Abeiku Sagoe, believes strongly that he lost the recent Ghana Actors Guild (GAG) Presidential election because the poll was rigged.
He claims the process was manipulated to ensure his defeat to the current President Sam Fiscian.
He told Joy News’ MzGee in an interview that, “I can say boldly that the result of the presidential election was not a true reflection of the people’s opinion.”
He explains that about 50 registered, card holding members of the guild on the day of the election strangely could not find their names in the register and consequently could not vote.
The majority of these people, he insisted, were his supporters. He mentioned Collins Sarpong; a member of the elections committee as being behind this act.
“Collins Sarpong, who the previous evening had written a petition against [my] candidature, was the one in charge of the register,” he said.
When asked if he would like to pursue the matter to seek justice, he responded in the negative, saying it was not necessary.
“I don’t think it is necessary. It is only for one year. Next year we go for a congress, I don’t think anyone will have the opportunity to rig the elections again,” he said.
The Ghana Actors Guild (GAG), on April 29, 2017, at the Centre for National Culture in Accra gathered to elect new leaders to occupy some vacant positions in the guild’s leadership.
This was necessary because the President of the guild, Reverend Eddie Coffie died last year.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene