Organisers of the annual Exclusive Men of the Year (EMY) Africa Awards say nominations are open for the 2017 edition of the awards.
The awards, dubbed EMYs and in its second year, recognises and celebrates great achievements by men.
Exclusive Men’s Magazine and Carbon AV organisers of the awards said in a statement that EMYs’ “purpose is to celebrate excellence and to inspire the young generation of men to aspire to reach the heights of the astute gentlemen who are celebrated every year at the Awards.”
The deadline for the submission of nominations for this year’s event is May 25, 2017. Interested persons can go to www.emyafrica.com for more details about the award categories and the nomination process.
Nominations, organisers explained, are handled by the EMYs Faculty which is a technical team of eminent members, “strategically drawn from diverse corporate and social backgrounds to oversee the collection, collation and aggregation of nominations across the country for this competitive award.”
At last year’s event, renowned Ghanaian businessman, consultant and politician, Dr Paa Kwesi Nduom was adjudged the Ultimate Man of the Year.
Other major winners on the night were Apostle Kwadwo Sarfo Kantanka, Dr Kwame Osei Despite and Dr Kwabena Duffuor. Nathan Kwabena Anokye Adisi (alias Bola Ray) and Kwami Sefa Kayi.
In the female category, Dr Beatrice Wiafe of the Breast Care International won the Ultimate Woman of the Year award.
The second edition of the EMYs is slated for June 27 at the Kempinski Gold Coast Hotel, Accra.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene