Rap veteran, Michael Elliot Kwabena Okyere Darko, popularly known as Obrafour, has revealed that he wanted to become a lawyer and not a musician.
According to the 'Kasahari' legend, his passion as a kid was to practice law, conduct lawsuits or give legal advice to clients just like his grandfather did and not hitting the studio to create and produce songs.
One of Ghana's favourite rapper made this revelation when he spoke to Ohemaa Woyeje on Adom FM’s ‘Work and Happiness’ on Tuesday.
“I wanted to be like my grandfather, lawyer Okyere Darko because I respect lawyers…” he disclosed.
Having chalked a lot of success as a musician, the ‘Heavy’ hitmaker said, “I have changed my mind now. With all due respect, I respect the profession of being a lawyer but sometimes they might know the truth but they still have to say otherwise."
Obrafour was grateful to his maker for gifting him with the talent to pen down life-changing songs.
“But it is good God gave me the talent. It was not an old lady who taught me the proverbs I know. It is pure talent. I don’t think anyone can be Obrafour...I wanted to rap without being profane. I wanted to do music to inspire, educate and entertain…” he stressed.
Obrafour is currently promoting his latest song dubbed: “No Vote”.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway