Private legal practitioner Gary Nimako has described the recent controversial public appearances of dancehall act Ebony as indecent.
The 20-year-old musician, who describes herself as the ‘90s Bad Gurl” has been spotted at various events in revealing clothes and costumes for stage.
In a recent incident, the Sponsor singer is photographed wearing a ‘swimsuit like’ evening dress with a part covering exposing some parts of her vital parts.
As many have come hard at her, Lawyer Nimako, also in an interview with Hitz FM’s Daniella Adu Asare says inasmuch as she may be feeding her fans’ desires, her dress sense is not proper.
“Nobody can deprive anyone of pursuing their economic interests in this country. If you’re a musician and you have to do your performance, you can do it in a manner which is decent and in a manner which will (still) attract your fans,” he said.
He also added, “to decide that at any opportunity you get, you will expose one bum or the other or both...or to expose yourself publicly in a manner which is abhorrent, in a manner in which society does not accept, then obviously the law can catch up with you.”
The ‘90’s Bad Gurl’s bold dress sense may constitute that which the law terms “indecent exposure” as the lawyer defined it as “anybody who deliberately or intentionally reveals his private parts in a public space.”
According to Mr Nimako, the police would be right if they decide to take her up in enforcing the law.
“They don’t need a complainant in this matter. The public appearances are all there, so if they themselves have seen the videos and come to the conclusion that they must question her, they have the right to call her for questioning,” he added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards