For decades, Kwabena Boa-Amponsem, baptized Daniel Amponsah has established himself as an authority when it comes to Ghana’s indigenous music; Highlife.
Agyaa Koo Nimo, as he is affectionately called has witnessed the evolution of Ghanaian music in the pre and post-independence era.
His musical compositions and writings have been used as references in discourses that pertain to the ‘soul’ of music in Ghana.
To appreciate his invaluable contribution to the growth of Ghana’s music industry, the University of Education, Winneba, through its Music Department, honored the musician with a Life Time Achievement Award.
The octogenarian was joyously celebrated when he performed at the Lunch Time Concert organized by the Music Department on Thursday.
Watch video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway