Music producer Mark Okraku Mantey has stated that per his orientation, he would not do things to tarnish the image of any musician.
He said this on the heels of Lucky Mensah, a veteran hi-life artiste’s accusations that Mark Okraku Mantey is part of a mafia in the music industry.
According to Lucky Mensah, the alleged mafia are behind the lack of growth of the music industry and the reason some artistes do not get shows to perform.
He recounted how Okraku Mantey was aked by fellow hi-life artiste, Oheneba Kissi whom Okraku Mantey managed at a point, to put him (Mensah) on one his shows because the former had been fully booked. Mensah said he waited for Mark's call which never came.
Speaking on Daybreak Hitz with KMJ, CEO of Slip Entertainment, and Mark Okraku Mantey who joined the discussion stated that, looking at his orientation he cannot do such act to tarnish the image of a "hi-life soldier".
“I don’t remember this scenario but I'm saying that all things being equal, this is how the industry works and so somebody cannot say that because someone has recommended me to someone, the person never called me,” he said.
“… ideally if you were serious with your job, you follow up but you never called and you are saying because I never called, it means I am a mafia,” the renowned artiste manager added.
He further stressed: “From my orientation, you will see that this cannot happen and I cannot do this to anyone so why would I take a U-turn and want to damage the image of hi-life.”
Oheneba Kissi, who is at the centre of this controversy, when contacted during the discussion to clear the air on the issue said he does not remember exactly when this happened "because we are growing [old].
"I can’t really pin point on any issue but it might have happened because I am close to Lucky, Lucky is more like a friend or a brother.
“Let me be honest, I quite don’t remember this, it might have been a true statement or issue Lucky is talking about because Mark was my producer then,” he concluded.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway