Actress Nadia Buari has dismissed assertions that she is a boring entertainment personality.
This follows a recent criticism of the actress by entertainment journalist, Eugene Osafo-Nkansah of Peace FM. He described the ‘Beyonce’ actress as boring.
Eugene Nkansah had told Andy Dosty on Hitz FM’s ‘Daybreak Hitz’, that the actress’ deafening silence on controversial issues about her, does not help the showbiz industry.
“I’ve been following Nadia for some time now, and I think that if every celebrity in Ghana is like Nadia, I’m not sure we’ll have topics to discuss on entertainment shows. It’s evident; everybody knows that Nadia Buari does not speak to the media as often as she should,” he said.
Eugene noted that, “Imagine if the likes of Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy, Afia Schwarzenegger and all those loud people were like Nadia Buari, imagine how our industry will be. So from a journalist's point of view, I think that Nadia is very boring and though it doesn’t make her a bad person, I think that most people will attest to the fact that Nadia is very boring and somewhat anti-social."
When you go on (movie) sets, Nadia will come and act her part and go back into her car. She wouldn’t want to even mingle with some of her colleagues even though she has no problems with them. You can speak to any actor or movie producer for confirmation and you can also search for her interviews on YouTube, you can’t get information from Nadia Buari,” he concluded.
But speaking to Doreen Avio on JoyNews, the actress, who is set to premiere her new movie ‘Deranged’, in a sharp rebuttal dismissed the entertainment critic’s assertion arguing that, it is only a figment of somebody’s imagination.
She also explained her reasons for not reacting to stories peddled about her.
“Well honestly, that’s his opinion. If he thinks I’m boring, okay I’m boring to him but I don’t think I’m boring. The simple fact that I don’t come out and talk about issues doesn’t make me boring. The thing is, you guys (bloggers) write the stories before you get clarifications. You don’t consult me, you put the story out there, and then you want me to clarify, confirm or deny but the story is already out there. So why didn’t you call to confirm or find out whether or not it was true before putting the story out there,” the actress said.
She added that, “So what is the guarantee that when I deny or confirm the story, the number of people who have read the story, are the same number of people that are going to read the clarification? So I’ll rather not talk about it.”
The mother of two also explained that she’s sometimes not available because of her job as a career woman and mother.
“I’m busy; I’m a mum, I’m a career woman and I travel around and work. So maybe at the time they (bloggers) try to reach me, I’m unavailable but the times that I’m around, I make myself available,” she said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway