China-based duo, Blackbusters, comprising MC Rhymes-Apple and DJ St3v3, continue to pioneer a different kind of Electro Dance Music bringing to bear their African roots.
Rhymes-Apple originally hails from Ghana while DJ St3v3, also known as Estifanos, comes from Ethiopia. They first gained popularity in the middle of 2015, after founding and hosting a night party at Playhouse Night Club, one of Asia’s most famous nightclubs.
Electronic dance music (also known as EDM, dance music, club music, or simply dance) is a broad range of percussive electronic music genres made largely for nightclubs, raves, and festivals.
EDM is generally produced for playback by disc jockeys; and Blackbusters continues to create seamless selections of mixes, appealing to a variety of international audience.
Like Blackbusters, most EDM producers also perform their music live in a concert or festival setting. It is the hope and dream of MC Rhymes-Apple and DJ St3v3 to bring their craft, which has travelled all over the world to the home countries in Africa and across the continent.
Although Electronic dance music is popular in some regions in Africa, particularly Southern Africa, it is yet to become a major fixture in the party and nightlife scene in majority of African countries. This forms part of the renewed mission of Blackbusters.
The duo, currently on tour, is set to take part in the Ferrari Indoor Music Festival as well as Budweiser Music Festival. They will also release two electro singles on two famous EDM record labels in the world in October.
Blackbusters will also be bringing their own record label to sign African artistes. The Blackbusters Family record label kicks starts in 2018. Interested talents can contact Blackbusters at email firstname.lastname@example.org. They will also release their Afro singles on the same record label.
Follow the duo on social media. Facebook: Blackbusters. Instagram: Blackbusters Twitter: Blackbusters. Website: www.blackbusters.org
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards