Following Dammy Krane’s recent acquittal from charges of credit card fraud in Miami, USA, award-winning afro-pop singer, Innocent ‘2face’ Idibia, has come out to say that he has also experienced the same thing before.
The ‘African Queen’ crooner told Showtime in a chat that he was fortunate the public had no knowledge of it because it was settled before it became public knowledge.
“Yes, it happened to me once; there was this time I went for a show, I can’t really remember where, maybe Amsterdam or somewhere in Europe, my ticket was bought with a fraudulent credit card.
“It almost caused problems for me but everything was cleared as soon as they realised I didn’t buy the tickets myself, so I was freed. It is something that could happen to anybody, you just have to be careful,” he said.
Speaking further he said he knew Dammy Krane was innocent all along, having experienced the same himself.
“I knew Dammy Krane was going to be freed of the charges against him; but you know when something like this happens, you still have to go to court and clear yourself, and that’s what happened in his case. It was just unfortunate that something like that happened. I would say he was at the right place but at the wrong time.
“He was only going for a show and somehow one or two of the people travelling with him were not clean and it got every other person involved in the scandal. It could have happened to anybody”, he stressed.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria delegation arrive in South Africa for tourism hosting
- Kim Porter's son pens emotional post about his late mother
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene