The College of Physicians & Surgeons auditorium came to life last Saturday evening when patrons of choral music and music lovers, in general, filled up the place to witness this year’s GHYouth Choir Choral Festival & Awards 2017.
The event, which was emceed by two of Ghanaian’s hilarious comedians OB Amponsah and Foster Romanus, kept the auditorium lively throughout the night, though it started a little later than the time the organisers communicated.
The Awards were supported by the likes of Nii Ayittey Hammond (Head of productions, Charter House), Tonyi Senayah of Horseman Shoes, Miss Laurie Thomas from Jamaica, and Frankie 5.
The Ghana Youth Choir Choral Festival (GHYCCF) & Awards brand has grown with each passing year.
The vision behind this is to celebrate, preserve, develop, showcase, unearth, advance, promote, professionalize and mainstream choral music by honoring and awarding excellence in choral music across the country and to the world at large, said Stephen Ekow Dougan (CEO).
The role of music in defining a Ghanaian may reach unprecedented levels of acceptance and social influence in the coming years as Ghanaian choral and orchestral ensembles take center-stage in our national dialogue.
Ghanaian choral music has forged a strong identity and has become an exportable commodity, thanks to the effort of all the musicians.
Harmonious Chorale, an international interdenominational choir located in Accra, emerged as the ultimate winners on the night with four awards to their credit.
Patrons and lovers of the choral music fraternity in Ghana kept enjoying themselves even after the show had come to an end.
List of winners:
Discovery Choir of the Year
Glorious Chorus - Ghana
Album of the year
Maseda Dwom - Divine Chorale
Composer's Concert of the Year
Ghana our Motherland - Harmonious Chorale
Humanitarian Concert of the Year
Divine Chorale - Community Music Evangelism Project
Chorale Sound engineer of the Year
Rasky - J Productions
Chorale Producer of the Year
Nana K. Sekyere - Bigbag Studio
Introductory Program of the Year
One Voice Choir - Awake and Build Africa
Oratorio of the Year
Chandos Anthems by the University Choir K.N.U.S.T
Composer of the Year
James Varrick Armaah
Male Vocal of the Year
Joel Aidoo - Harmonious Chorale
Female Vocal of the Year
Sylvia Tetteh (Soprano) - Vocal Essence Chorale
Easter Concert of the Year
Christmas Concert of the Year
Feliz Navidad by Vocal Essence Chorale
Institution Concert of the Year
Night of Hymns by Pax Choir K.N.U.S.T
Choral Song of the Year
M'aseda Nnwom (Sam Asare Bediako)
Choir of the Year
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I’m Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale put together – Cynthia Millz
- Ghanaians are gradually losing interest in gospel music – A.F Benjamin
- New Music: Kwaisey Pee bounces back with ‘Mabre’ feat. YaaYaa
- Photos: Ghana, Nigeria celebs enjoy Gauteng, KZN, Free State and Global Citizens Concert
- I never said if Shatta Wale organizes awards, Stonebwoy will win ‘Best Dancehall Artiste’ - Ponobiom
- Instinct Wave, HG Concepts set to premiere comedy movie ‘Jacob’
- Video: I went through trials for 10 years - Papa Shee
- Video: Popular musician stuck inside married woman during sex
- We serve you ‘hot’ Adonko for Christmas– Kev, Grenade
- Corporate Kumasi thrilled at first-ever Luv FM-Royal Golf Club ‘Business and Banter’ hang-out
- Sarkodie bashes brainwashed African leaders
- Kwaw Kese to stop smoking in 2019
- Video: People still doubt me because of Ofori Amponsah - Evangelist Papa Shee
- Ghana Society UK launches tourism initiative ‘Bra Ghana’
- New Video: Flowking Stone releases ‘Blow My Mind’ feat. Akwaboah