“It was our hope that when we get here, you will say the news we heard wasn’t true…” were the words of grief-stricken Ken Addy when he addressed the family of the late Showbiz A-Z pundit Bertrand Nana Turkson.
“I took him as a son and I loved him so much,” Uncle Ken, who shared the Joy FM studio with Nana Turkson on Saturdays when the show aired, added.
Still in shock and shuttered, the renowned broadcaster led a delegation of some staff and friends of The Multimedia Group to visit the family of the late showbiz pundit in Odorkor, a suburb of Accra Thursday.
The delegation included Mark Okraku Mantey, Programmes Coordinator of Hitz FM; Naa Ashorkor, host of Showbiz A-Z; Andy Dosty, host of Daybreak Hitz; Ola Michael, Nana Poku Ashis, Gladys Osei Owiredu, Mr Haglah, and Philip Nai.
L-R: Andy Dosty, Nana Poku Ashis, Sadiq Abdulai Abu, MzGee, Philip Nai and Naa Ashorkor
Francis Doku, Clarence Amoatey, MzGee, Sadiq Abdulai Abu, who shared their Saturday afternoons with the late Nana Turkson on Joy FM were also in attendance.
Uncle Ken recounted how he heard of the passing of Nana Turkson, saying he was still in shock.
Madam Diviner Sitsofe Yevu, who spoke on behalf of the family, said the family was yet to come to terms with the loss describing the late pundit as a family man and fine gentleman.
She said the family is yet to meet to decide the dates to give their son a befitting farewell and added that, they will make it known as the decision is made.
Ato Turkson, brother of the late Nana Turkson speaking in an interview with JoyNews’ MzGee, said, “for now we don’t have any results so none of us can tell what caused his death,” dispelling reports that he died of diabetes.
According to him, the family is waiting for a report from the autopsy to know the cause of death.
Also present at the meeting were Mrs Gifty Turkson, mother of Nana Turkson, and his wife Mrs Elizabeth Turkson.
Nana Turkson passed away at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital on Tuesday, August 7. He was 42.
Watch the video below:
Nana Turkson's mother, Mrs Gifty Turkson (left)
Mrs Elizabeth Turkson, wife of the late Nana Turkson
Francis Doku (middle)
Mark Okraku Mantey exchanging pleasantries with the late Nana Turkson's mother
Hitz FM's Mr Haglah
Naa Ashorkor, host of Showbiz A-Z, exchanging pleasantries with late Nana Turkson's mother
Clarence Amoatey (in white)
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students