A year after being suspended from the International Central Gospel Church (ICGC), gospel musician Rev. Josh Laryea has stated that his suspension affected him.
The 'Emere' crooner disclosed this in an interview with Franky 5 on Hitz FM adding that he had to keep mute for a year to heal from the effects of his suspension.
“I will be a liar to say I was not affected. There’s always a time to keep quiet and that’s one thing we should all know. When you talk out of emotions, you don’t make reason and you rather create a lot of problems for yourself.
"So in times of difficulty and trials, it is so good for you to keep mute and draw strength from the Lord, and that’s exactly what I did. I had to be in my aloneness and draw strength from my maker,” he said.
According to the leader of Kharis Centre International Jesus Hill, who recently released a new single 'Never Fails', he also had to keep mute because the suspension letter given him was also submitted to the media, allowing them to draw different conclusions.
"There were allegations that I’ve slept with someone in the church and so they were going to conduct an investigation and then after, they sent the letter they gave me to the media.
"The moment the letter gets to the media, the media will interpret it and that’s exactly what happened. And so no matter what I say, nobody will believe me so, I just kept quiet,” the pastor noted.
In 2017, a letter issued by The Church Council of ICGC suspended Rev Laryea after receiving an alleged sexual misconduct report against him.
The letter stated, “the Presbytery has authorized the Disciplinary Committee to look into the allegations levelled against Rev. Laryea”.
“Rev. Josh Laryea is being withdrawn from the pulpit and thereby the Doxa Temple with immediate effect. This is to allow the Committee carry out its work uninterrupted,” it added.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled