Rwandan-born dancer and choreographer Sherrie Silver picked up Childish Gambino's awards during MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) in New York City.
Gambino's viral music video This is America won three awards at the VMA's, including best video with a message, best choreography and best direction.
Silver, who choreographed the video, gained worldwide acclaim after its release.
She told the Interview Magazine that she blended a number of American and African dance moves, such as Nigeria's Shaku Shaku and the Azonto from Ghana, in the video that went on to gain tens of millions of views online.
Hear what she told the BBC about how she plans to take African dance to the world.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana