Many lovers of the ‘Akwaaba’ hit single composed by Mr. Eazi, Pappy Kojo and Patapaa will be disappointed following the latest announcement by Mr Eazi.
According to the Nigerian musician, who started his music career in Ghana, visuals will not be recorded and released for the hit tune.
In an interview with JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia, Mr. Eazi stated that he believes there is no need to shoot a music video.
“We’ve been talking about it. Sometimes you feel that there is no need for a video,” he revealed.
Earlier, rumours suggested that plans to shoot a music video for the song were troubled by the lackadaisical attitude of Patapaa.
Mr. Eazi stated that the rumour was untrue but still insisted that he might not shoot a music video for the song.
“There is no trouble from anybody’s camp. Is it just a case of should we shoot a video? The song has already blown,” he stressed.
‘Akwaaba’ which was released in March this year quickly grabbed the number one spot on various music charts across the country.
The song further gained prominence due to its accompanying dance which requires a rhythmic movement of the hands.
After months of waiting to see visuals from the three artistes on the song, Mr. Eazi’s statement might sound disappointing for fans who anticipated a groundbreaking music video.
Checks by myjoyonline.com, however, indicate that Mr. Eazi uploaded a dance music video on his Youtube page but the same video can’t be found on the pages of Patapaa and Pappy Kojo.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father