Many lovers of the ‘Akwaaba’ hit single composed by Mr. Eazi, Pappy Kojo and Patapaa will be disappointed following the latest announcement by Mr Eazi.
According to the Nigerian musician, who started his music career in Ghana, visuals will not be recorded and released for the hit tune.
In an interview with JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia, Mr. Eazi stated that he believes there is no need to shoot a music video.
“We’ve been talking about it. Sometimes you feel that there is no need for a video,” he revealed.
Earlier, rumours suggested that plans to shoot a music video for the song were troubled by the lackadaisical attitude of Patapaa.
Mr. Eazi stated that the rumour was untrue but still insisted that he might not shoot a music video for the song.
“There is no trouble from anybody’s camp. Is it just a case of should we shoot a video? The song has already blown,” he stressed.
‘Akwaaba’ which was released in March this year quickly grabbed the number one spot on various music charts across the country.
The song further gained prominence due to its accompanying dance which requires a rhythmic movement of the hands.
After months of waiting to see visuals from the three artistes on the song, Mr. Eazi’s statement might sound disappointing for fans who anticipated a groundbreaking music video.
Checks by myjoyonline.com, however, indicate that Mr. Eazi uploaded a dance music video on his Youtube page but the same video can’t be found on the pages of Patapaa and Pappy Kojo.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village
- Video vixen gives life to Christ, now philanthropist
- New Video: Mista Myles eyes Afrobeats crown with ‘African Girl’
- Assault, killings by uniformed men will make Nigeria collapse - Omotola tells Buhari