Many lovers of the ‘Akwaaba’ hit single composed by Mr. Eazi, Pappy Kojo and Patapaa will be disappointed following the latest announcement by Mr Eazi.
According to the Nigerian musician, who started his music career in Ghana, visuals will not be recorded and released for the hit tune.
In an interview with JoyNews’ Maxwell Amoofia, Mr. Eazi stated that he believes there is no need to shoot a music video.
“We’ve been talking about it. Sometimes you feel that there is no need for a video,” he revealed.
Earlier, rumours suggested that plans to shoot a music video for the song were troubled by the lackadaisical attitude of Patapaa.
Telesol launches 4G internet service; set to bridge digital gap
Managing Director of Telesol, a 4G-internet service provider said the company is set to adopt new technologies to widen the current digital divide between Africa and the rest of the world beginning from Ghana.
Mr. Eazi stated that the rumour was untrue but still insisted that he might not shoot a music video for the song.
“There is no trouble from anybody’s camp. Is it just a case of should we shoot a video? The song has already blown,” he stressed.
‘Akwaaba’ which was released in March this year quickly grabbed the number one spot on various music charts across the country.
The song further gained prominence due to its accompanying dance which requires a rhythmic movement of the hands.
After months of waiting to see visuals from the three artistes on the song, Mr. Eazi’s statement might sound disappointing for fans who anticipated a groundbreaking music video.
Checks by myjoyonline.com, however, indicate that Mr. Eazi uploaded a dance music video on his Youtube page but the same video can’t be found on the pages of Patapaa and Pappy Kojo.
Watch the interview below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- I haven’t found someone who can tolerate me – E.L on being single
- You’re not qualified to grade rappers if I’m not in Top 5 list – E.L
- Joy Prime, SALM excite thousands at ‘A Beautiful Christmas’ concert
- Peace Hyde speaks on gender parity in Media at the Africa 2018 Forum in Egypt
- Sarkodie is a brother regardless of what people say – E.L
- Video/Photos: MTN Music Festival thrills patrons on Farmers’ Day
- Creative arts industry is an orphan - Kwaw Ansah
- Abena crowned Ghana’s Most Beautiful 2018
- Watch: Shatta Wale releases video for ‘My Level’ hit song
- Popular actor narrates how he lived with a ghost for 3 months
- Photos from Kufuor’s 80th birthday celebrations
- Joy FM presents perfect family getaway on Dec 22
- Beyoncé sings at A-list Indian wedding
- Kevin Hart steps down as Oscars host after 3-day controversy
- Hajia 4Real ‘shows boobs’ in King Promise, Wizkid video