Tema-based duo, R2Bees has postponed the release of the highly anticipated album, titled ‘SITE 15'.
The album, which is their third studio project, was due for release this week but has been postponed until further notice.
According to the award-winning group, the postponement was due to a distribution deal they were finalising with Universal Music Group.
Omar Sterling, a rapper and member of the music group, made the announcement via Twitter early Thursday (August 2).
He tweeted: “We’ve just finalized a deal with Universal [Music Group] for our album SITE 15, this has caused the album to be pushed back a few weeks. We are sorry for the delay.”
Insiders say R2Bees had planned to release the album independently this week after negotiations with Universal Music Group over a distribution deal.
One of the sources told Myjoyonline.com there was back and forth between R2Bees and the world leader in music-based entertainment company.
But, immediately after their performance at Tidal Rave on Saturday, July 28, Universal Music Group crew flew into Ghana to finalise the deal.
This, according to the ‘Over’ hitmakers, caused the delay in the album release.
The new deal will see Universal Music Group use their global networks for wider discovery, marketing, promotion and distribution of ‘SITE 15’ album.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in