The age gap between Deborah Vanessa and her boyfriend, a fellow musician, Medikal was initially an issue for the female musician, she has disclosed.
The two, who have been dating for about two years now, have been described as the country’s Bonnie and Clyde.
When their relationship became an item, many raised concerns over the age difference between them particularly because Deborah Vanessa, also known as Sister Deborah, was almost a decade older.
Unknowingly, the age difference was also a matter of concern to Sister Deborah who is eight years older than her heartthrob.
Speaking in an interview with Sammy Forson on the Cosmopolitan Mix on Joy FM, she said “it mattered me at the beginning when we started talking…[but]… he assured me that he wasn’t worried about it.
Sister Deborah, who is 34, said she “doesn’t think about it [now]”.
Asked how their love journey began, Medikal, who is 26, recounted that they “actually met on Twitter.”
“He saw me clapping back at [replying] someone…he retweeted and said ‘herh you fool waaa’,” Sister Deborah said.
“He slipped into my DM for work stuff,” she added.
They, however, started taking things seriously when they “met at a radio station and we started talking.”
Medikal and Sister Deborah said contrary to perceptions that their relationship won’t last, they “are taking it long term”.
Asked what they like about each other, she cited Medikal’s “sexy body” and also “he is very kind and very matured in the relationship.”
Medikal, on the other hand, said his girlfriend is “is cool, she is funny, she is smart…she teaches me.”
On the issue of marriage, the two believes that they will marry eventually but they believe it will come “naturally.” It is also their wish to have two kids – a boy and a girl – in the future.
Recently, a tweet by Medikal saying “I might never get married,” generated some controversy with many deducing that he will not marry Sister Deborah.
Reacting to the tweet, the ‘Too Risky’ rapper said he was only joking.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news
- Give underground artistes slots on big shows – Rapper Ikroniq pleads