The Grandpapa of Hiplife, Reggie Rockstone has taken a swipe at the current crop of musicians whose creative juices he said are not up to scratch.
Speaking on Hitz FM’s “Cruise Control” show with host Merqury Quaye, the “Selfie” hitmaker said he cannot understand why one would label himself a creative act person when he can’t paint images with lyrics when doing songs.
He maintained that most of the hip-hop artistes don’t do enough research and also don’t learn from veteran artistes who paved the way in the music industry.
“That is why their songs don’t inspire him,” he said.
“If you can’t tell a story you can’t rap. These kids ain’t rapping no more. We were rocking these metaphors and similes…” Reggie added.
He continued that “I don’t listen too much of the current hip-hop… a lot of the new music doesn’t inspire and does nothing to me. I don’t like the mumble rap. I like to feed my soul with good music so I don’t listen to junk music…” Reggie said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Artistes paid to put my name in their songs - Appietus
- 'I never invested in Menzgold' - Okyeame Kwame
- We dated for 5 years – Adekunle Gold confirms getting married to Simi
- Married life with Annica has been amazing - Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Yvonne Okoro reveals recording sex tape with ex-boyfriend
- I admire Abedi Pele so much – Adina
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win