The Grandpapa of Hiplife, Reggie Rockstone has taken a swipe at the current crop of musicians whose creative juices he said are not up to scratch.
Speaking on Hitz FM’s “Cruise Control” show with host Merqury Quaye, the “Selfie” hitmaker said he cannot understand why one would label himself a creative act person when he can’t paint images with lyrics when doing songs.
He maintained that most of the hip-hop artistes don’t do enough research and also don’t learn from veteran artistes who paved the way in the music industry.
“That is why their songs don’t inspire him,” he said.
“If you can’t tell a story you can’t rap. These kids ain’t rapping no more. We were rocking these metaphors and similes…” Reggie added.
He continued that “I don’t listen too much of the current hip-hop… a lot of the new music doesn’t inspire and does nothing to me. I don’t like the mumble rap. I like to feed my soul with good music so I don’t listen to junk music…” Reggie said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Lil Win charms crowd at MTN-Adom Kwahu Mega Street Bash
- Photos: Families receive fresh life at Luv FM Family Party in the Park
- Tinny says 'whack' rapper comment was for hype – D Black
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village