The Grandpapa of Hiplife, Reggie Rockstone has taken a swipe at the current crop of musicians whose creative juices he said are not up to scratch.
Speaking on Hitz FM’s “Cruise Control” show with host Merqury Quaye, the “Selfie” hitmaker said he cannot understand why one would label himself a creative act person when he can’t paint images with lyrics when doing songs.
He maintained that most of the hip-hop artistes don’t do enough research and also don’t learn from veteran artistes who paved the way in the music industry.
“That is why their songs don’t inspire him,” he said.
“If you can’t tell a story you can’t rap. These kids ain’t rapping no more. We were rocking these metaphors and similes…” Reggie added.
He continued that “I don’t listen too much of the current hip-hop… a lot of the new music doesn’t inspire and does nothing to me. I don’t like the mumble rap. I like to feed my soul with good music so I don’t listen to junk music…” Reggie said.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui
- 2019 Nigerian Election: Musician Banky W joins politics
- Depression is real; seek help – Obour advices fellow musicians
- NGMA: Gifty Osei, Patience Nyarko, Joe Mettle others nominated
- Video: I haven’t quit acting, God’s work taking my time - Majid Michel
- Profanity: We don’t need censorship; it stifles creativity – Rex Omar
- Video: Leave Medikal and Fella Makafui alone – Okyeame Kwame
- Ghanaian-British actor Peter Mensah in Ghana
- Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95
- Impressive dress rehearsal for terrific national Mardi Gras in 2019
- Video: Captain Planet reveals how his dead dog connected him to his wife
- Video: ‘Who is Kwesi Arthur?’ check out his response
- Politics scares me now - Maame Dokono
- Donzy, Ephraim ready to go to jail for refusing to pay toll on motorway