Following Reekado Banks’ recent exit from Mavin Records after the expiration of his five years contract and announcing the establishment of his own Record Label, ‘Banks Music’, his former label boss, Don Jazzy has confirmed that the ‘Doro Bucci’ crooner parted ways with the label under no acrimonious circumstances.
According to Don Jazzy, born Michael Ajereh, who finally broke silence on the matter, though Reekado Banks is no longer bound under a management contract, he is still part of the Mavin Records family.
“We will forever be a family bro. we’re all proud of what you’ve achieved and will still grow into. Thanks for giving us some time in your amazing journey. I don’t want to say we will miss you because we know your house. If we need some Reeky fire, na to come burst you for crib. If you like dey toilet we come through. It’s been an incredible five years, wishing you nothing but success,” he said while wishing Reekado Banks well on his exit from the label.
Meanwhile, since Reekado Banks announced the expiration of his contract and exit from Mavin Records, it has been business as usual as for him as he has declared a new management team, confirming that he is ready for business and a new lease of life outside his former management.
“Going forward, Banks Music; for all business dealings, please contact my management @probotng,” he announced on all social media platforms.
However, speculations have revealed that Korede Bello may be the next to announce his exit from the label.
Though the news of his exit is yet to be confirmed, sources close to the ‘Do Like That’ singer say he is likely to part ways with Mavin Records soon just like Reekado Banks.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t
- Throwback video: Prof J.H Nketia talks about documenting Ghana’s verbal arts
- Jussie Smollett: Empire's Lee Daniels describes 'pain and anger'
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live