Following Reekado Banks’ recent exit from Mavin Records after the expiration of his five years contract and announcing the establishment of his own Record Label, ‘Banks Music’, his former label boss, Don Jazzy has confirmed that the ‘Doro Bucci’ crooner parted ways with the label under no acrimonious circumstances.
According to Don Jazzy, born Michael Ajereh, who finally broke silence on the matter, though Reekado Banks is no longer bound under a management contract, he is still part of the Mavin Records family.
“We will forever be a family bro. we’re all proud of what you’ve achieved and will still grow into. Thanks for giving us some time in your amazing journey. I don’t want to say we will miss you because we know your house. If we need some Reeky fire, na to come burst you for crib. If you like dey toilet we come through. It’s been an incredible five years, wishing you nothing but success,” he said while wishing Reekado Banks well on his exit from the label.
Meanwhile, since Reekado Banks announced the expiration of his contract and exit from Mavin Records, it has been business as usual as for him as he has declared a new management team, confirming that he is ready for business and a new lease of life outside his former management.
“Going forward, Banks Music; for all business dealings, please contact my management @probotng,” he announced on all social media platforms.
However, speculations have revealed that Korede Bello may be the next to announce his exit from the label.
Though the news of his exit is yet to be confirmed, sources close to the ‘Do Like That’ singer say he is likely to part ways with Mavin Records soon just like Reekado Banks.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain
- Listen: 'Already' by Beyoncé ft Shatta Wale
- Storm Energy partners Silverbird to premiere Lion King
- FaceApp: Celebs fall in love with AgeChallenge
- Cobby Raymond releases Kojo Antwi inspired song
- MUSIGA has ¢70,000 locked up in Menzgold - Bessa Simons
- Nicki Minaj hints on signing Ghanaian act
- People aren’t celebrating GuiltyBeatz's prod. on Beyoncé's album – Ameyaw Debrah