Following Reekado Banks’ recent exit from Mavin Records after the expiration of his five years contract and announcing the establishment of his own Record Label, ‘Banks Music’, his former label boss, Don Jazzy has confirmed that the ‘Doro Bucci’ crooner parted ways with the label under no acrimonious circumstances.
According to Don Jazzy, born Michael Ajereh, who finally broke silence on the matter, though Reekado Banks is no longer bound under a management contract, he is still part of the Mavin Records family.
“We will forever be a family bro. we’re all proud of what you’ve achieved and will still grow into. Thanks for giving us some time in your amazing journey. I don’t want to say we will miss you because we know your house. If we need some Reeky fire, na to come burst you for crib. If you like dey toilet we come through. It’s been an incredible five years, wishing you nothing but success,” he said while wishing Reekado Banks well on his exit from the label.
Meanwhile, since Reekado Banks announced the expiration of his contract and exit from Mavin Records, it has been business as usual as for him as he has declared a new management team, confirming that he is ready for business and a new lease of life outside his former management.
“Going forward, Banks Music; for all business dealings, please contact my management @probotng,” he announced on all social media platforms.
However, speculations have revealed that Korede Bello may be the next to announce his exit from the label.
Though the news of his exit is yet to be confirmed, sources close to the ‘Do Like That’ singer say he is likely to part ways with Mavin Records soon just like Reekado Banks.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news