Ghanaian-English music sensation, Nana Richard Abiona, better known by his stage name, Fuse ODG has launched the maiden edition of the Afrocentric TINA Festival.
The inaugural event will take place at the Round Pavilion of the Trade Fair Centre in Accra on January 4 to climax exciting three-day festival.
Artistes billed to perform at the event include Sarkodie, Stefflon Don, Joey B, Lethal Bizzle and many more top artistes.
Photo: Sarkodie is billed to perform at the festival on January 4, 2019.
Speaking at the launch of the festival at the BBNZ on Friday, December 14, Fuse ODG said his team has been working on the festival for many years.
“The media likes to portray Africa in a negative way and we have to stand up and tell our own story. And this is what TINA – This Is New Africa – is all about. Creating a platform where we can tell our own story.
“Something like TINA Festival is a platform to get people to come back home and experience our culture; to experience Ghana…yes we have issues in the country like any other country in the world,” he said.
Celebrating the Afrobeat
Afrobeat is a new African sound that has captured the attention of the world in recent years.
The sound has gained millions of followers from every corner of the globe. African music is fast becoming a force to be reckoned with in the global music scene.
Among other things, the aim of the annual TINA Festival is to become the home of the Afrobeat.
TINA Festival will be the place where people go to experience the genuine lifestyle that comes with the music.
TINA Festival will be to Afrobeat what Glastonbury is to Rock music, and organisers hope to take it beyond the music and the lifestyle.
The festival will also promote the continent and Ghana in particular, becoming a catalyst for tourism and investment.
Fuse ODG, a global music icon, helped to create the TINA Festival.
One of the leading pioneers of the sound, he has been using his music and influence to promote Ghana and Africa in a way that has never been done before. He is famous not only for his music and helping the rise of Afrobeats world-wide. but also for his tireless commitment to re-educate how Africa is perceived in the world.
Fuse ODG’s efforts to spread this message have allowed him to connect with a variety of artists worldwide. This networking has enabled him to earn the first Grammy Award by a Ghanaian last year.
He has invited global superstars such as Ed Sheeran to stay with him in Accra and gain an experience of Ghana aimed at changing global perceptions It is in that same vision that has led to the creation of the TINA Festival.
In reuniting the Global African Diaspora, the Tina Festival will be part of a wider series of events over three days held at Ghana’s most iconic venue.
TINA Festival itinerary
- 2nd January 2019 - National Builders Day: Akosombo School
In 2007, This Is New Africa (TINA) and Wood World Mission Charity started a school in Akusombo with just a handful of students.
What began as an Orphanage is now a thriving school with over 200 students being supported by the organisation.
National Builders day is to encourage the diaspora community to give back to society.
There will be a call for Volunteers to come and help the school. Volunteers will be at Akosombo School to paint the school and interact with the pupils and inspire them.
An exciting boat ride and tour of the beautiful Akosombo landscape fused with a party on the bus and lots of networking will be part of the day.
- 3rd January 2019 - Global Diaspora Conference and Exhibition: Conference Centre, Accra
The Global Diaspora conference will be looking at discussions and talks from top thought leaders from the continent on how to take Africa beyond aid and how to mobilise the sleeping giant of the Diaspora.
H.E. President Nana Akuffo Addo
Samia Nkrumah - Political activist
Reggie Yates - BBC TV broadcaster
Ama K Abebrese - Actress
Chaka Bars - I Heart Africa
Fuse ODG - Artist
- 4th January 2019 - TINA Music Festival: Round Pavilion, Trade Fair, Accra
plus more to TBA soon.
For more information: www.tinafestival.com
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Adekunle Gold, Simi release new song to celebrate their wedding
- Daddy Lumba, Kojo Antwi comparison impossible - Okyeame Kwame
- Photos: Ataa Mensah of 'Showcase in Ga' dies at 91
- Video/Photos: Daughters of Glorious Jesus pay courtesy call to Multimedia Group
- Video: I've forgiven my parents for throwing me away when I was born – Don Little
- I'm not bothered by the young ones using my songs - Kojo Antwi
- Video: Women who earn more than their partners abuse them – D Cryme
- Video: Creative Arts has been neglected - Sidney
- Video: I’ll be tagged greedy if I disclose how much I invested with Menzgold – Lil Win
- Celine Dion, Chance pull tracks with R. Kelly
- Rihanna takes father to court in trademark dispute
- #10YearChallenge: Multimedia staffs chime in
- Video: If you have sex tape of me and Adebayor prove it for $100k – Yvonne Okoro
- #10yearchallenge: See epic throwback photos of Ghanaian celebs
- Video: I’m not exclusive until you marry me – Yvonne Okoro