Dancehall artiste, Stonebwoy has affirmed claims by rapper Sarkodie that he sometimes forgets his lyrics on stage.
According to Stonebwoy, the phenomenon is very common with most musicians including him.
Rapper Michael Owusu Addo, popularly known on stage as Sarkodie, during an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM revealed that he sometimes forgets his own lyrics when performing.
“I always forget. What helps me to remember are the ones that really hit. Those ones I can’t miss and my fans know them already so it’s easy for me,” he said.
“I always forget because there are a lot. The ones that I don't hear them played from back to back I can’t perform them,” the rapper added.
Commenting on the issue Monday, December 24, on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM with Andy Dosty, Stonebwoy said it also suffers same sometimes.
“That is not funny…it is really serious…it’s a serious issue,” he said.
The ‘Bawasaaba’ hitmaker explained that it happens because of the huge repertoire of songs he has. “…that is why rehearsal is key. You have to continue [to] practice.”
Stonebwoy added that “We all do forget our lyrics and if you are smart because you know what the song is about probably, you can do freestyle,” and take it from there.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t