President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has had breakfast with Hollywood star Boris Kodjoe and a group of American celebrities.
The celebrities, who are visiting Ghana as part of the Full Circle Festival, had breakfast with the president on Saturday at Mövenpick Ambassador Hotel Accra.
Apart from Boris Kodjoe, some of the known celebrities who attended the breakfast included Nicole Ari Parker, Rosario Dawson, Anthony Anderson, Jidenna, Ebro Darden, Michael Jai White, Gabourey Sidibe, Cynthia Bailey, Bozoma Saint John, Jay Morrison, and Mike Hill.
Catherine Afeku, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture, also attended the star-studded breakfast.
The Full Circle Festival was established to honour Ghana’s ancestry by celebrating the country’s heritage and generational legacy.
Before Christmas, Boris Kodjoe disclosed that he will be storming Ghana with some of the world’s biggest celebrities.
The actor, who is of Ghanaian descent, said in a video that he was bringing 40 of the world’s renowned celebrities to Accra to experience the country’s rich culture and history.
Boris Kodjoe, whose father is a Ghanaian, was appointed Ambassador of Film for Ghana by Catherine Afeku, Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture in May 2018.
“…being that my father was from Ghana and we visited my grandmother, my cousins and my uncles. Every holiday we had, makes me really connected to our country,” he said the video.
“That’s why I’m so excited to bring 40 of my famous friends, some of the world’s top celebrities to Accra in December so they can meet the people, feel the culture, connect with the energetic heritage, they can relax on the beaches, tour the castles and then share their experience with the with millions and millions of follows around the world,” the actor added.
The celebrities will experience Ghana’s beauty, vibrant culture, people, and food.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Rap battle round 1: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials
- Gospel musician arrested over HIV/AIDS cure claims
- Cardi B charged with strip club assault
- Video: Asamoah Gyan, Atsu, Owusu, others in ‘cheeky response train’
- Ghanaian TV personality to host 2019 BET Awards red carpet
- I don’t mind nude roles to serve a purpose—Ama K
- Joy FM's Cosmopolitan mix goes live with Kwanpa band
- Kalybos unveiled as ambassador for Geddit Ghana
- Thank you! Kuami Eugene appreciates KiDi for amazing verse
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 24): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ makes it to the top
- Court orders police to file Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale trial documents
- Patoranking explains why he allows nudity in videos