Afrochella, one of Accra’s biggest arts and music festivals, had an impressive climax on Saturday night, December 29, at the El-Wak Sports Stadium.
Deeply rooted in celebrating the creative arts, the event ended with a jam-packed musical concert featuring some of Ghana’s talented musicians.
The night witnessed performances from highlife legend Daddy Lumba, Stonebwoy, Medikal, Cina Soul, King Promise, Joey B, Pappy Kojo, Kwesi Arthur, Kelvyn Boy and a host of others.
Afrochella is a festival designed to elevate and highlight the thriving millennial talent from and within Africa.
The festival introduces an interactive event that encourages collaboration, explores the culture with a pioneering approach.
It featured a festive celebration of Ghanaian and African culture in the form of art & fashion installations, live painting, the best of African cuisine and live performances.
The purpose of Afrochella, organisers have said, is to tell the new Africa story from a native’s perspective.
“All aspects of the festival from the theme to the production are an ode to the ingenuity and available services in Africa. Our Goal is to optimise the experience and engage the millennial attendees with the culture in an authentic yet innovative approach.”
Apart from the musical performances, there were acrobatic displays, fashion and art exhibitions.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons
- I won’t release any song until Mahama wins 2020 elections – Mzbel
- Video: Help stop depreciation of cedi – Samini urges gov’t
- Throwback video: Prof J.H Nketia talks about documenting Ghana’s verbal arts
- Jussie Smollett: Empire's Lee Daniels describes 'pain and anger'
- After 6 years of music, over 40 songs, here are MzVee's best 10
- Boomplay announces licensing deal with Warner Music
- PUZZLED to be screened at the UN Women’s Conference
- Shatta Wale to open 2019 3Music Awards
- Adom FM Music Chart: Medikal’s Omo Ada still reigns
- Video: Nana Ama McBrown shows off baby girl
- MultiChoice Talent Factory networking portal goes live